Instructions for Authors
Details for authors considering submitting an article for possible publication in the Computers and Society Newsletter.
For the purpose of Computers & Society publishable materials can include full-length articles (up to 5000 words), short pieces (2000 words), and commentaries (1000 words); graphs and tables count as 200 words. Articles longer than 5000 will occasionally be accepted and most likely published in parts. These publishable materials can either be original research, opinion pieces, book reviews, poetry, and relevant artwork. Examples include:
- Commentary or response to an existing research article, news piece, or online blog post.
- Extensions to or revisions of work published elsewhere.
- Original research article authored by you or someone you solicited.
*We currently do not have a latex template. If you'd like to help with the creation of a LaTeX template, please email the editors.
By submitting your article for distribution in this Special Interest Group publication, you hereby grant to ACM the following non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide rights:
- to publish in print on condition of acceptance by the editor
- to digitize and post your article in the electronic version of this publication
- to include the article in the ACM Digital Library
- to allow users to copy and distribute the article for noncommercial, educational or research purposes
However, as a contributing author, you retain copyright to your article and ACM will make every effort to refer requests for commercial use directly to you.